Friends of Santa Teresa Park Meeting, 4/1/10
Return to the Friends of Santa Teresa Park
- Attendees: Mike Boulland, Ronald Horii,
Monahan, Woody Collins, Mario Blaum.
- We read and accepted the minutes.
- No changes in the bank balance.
- Ron showed pictures of the Norred Trail work day, views
from Coyote Peak, the Rocky Ridge Trail, the Joice Trail, Bernal Hill
wildflowers, Stile Ranch-Mine-Fortini Trail wildflowers, and work on
the Coyote-Alamitos Canal.
- Senior Ranger Julie Lee said that they caught some pot
smokers by Santa Teresa Spring.
- Julie Lee will be the new supervisor of the park
- Mike and Roland did work around the Caretaker's House for
their monthly volunteer work day. Drew Merry said he liked their work.
However, they need to treat the work day like a trail crew day. They
need to have a plan for the work. They need to sign in. Mike needs to
take a trail crew leader class.
- On the work day, they cleared out coyote brush. They did
everything the park staff asked them to do. They cleared around the
tool storage vault. They took out a barbed wire fence. The fence was
the boundary between SCVWD and SCCP property.
- Roland did neighborhood cleanup. He used a vacuum cleaner
to clean up the street along San Ignacio near the Pyzak Ranch. The
vacuum cleaner looked like a lawnmower, so the rangers questioned him
about it. They were afraid of sparks.
- We got our CAP Grant for $1000. $500 is for entertainment
- The UNSCC conference is on 4/17/10.
- Mike is giving a tour on 4/11 of the Bernal Ranch to
- Mike is taking a class on non-profits with the Score group.
- Mike's pre-Mother's Day hike is on May 2 at the Stile Ranch
Trail. We should make this an annual event. We should invite the
community to come. Mike and Kitty will plan it. We can have a community
event before the hike. The hike will be at 1:00.
- 4/10 will be the wildflower hike at Almaden Quicksilver on
the Wood Road Trail. They will give out a folder with a list of 14
flowers to look for and 2 pages of flower pictures.
- 4/13 will be the Tuesday work party at the Bernal Ranch.
- 4/17 is Ron's photo class/wildflower walk at Rancho San
- 5/8 is the Healthy Trails kickoff at the Harvey Bear Ranch.
- 5/15 is the Los Alamitos River Cleanup.
- 6/6 is Festival in the Park
- The solar light batteries at Santa Teresa Spring need
- We need to put out a new newsletter. The next time would be
for Festival in the Park. Ron will edit it and will give out ideas.
Some ideas: Mike--Coyote Peak, Woody--trails, Jan Shriner--Fandango,
Mother's Day event. May 15 is the deadline for articles.
- Mike found a Little Blue Society reference on pig control.
- The SJPD found bones on Bailey Avenue.
- Kitty said there are rules for Adopt-a-Trail. The Parks
dept. is reviewing them. Responsibilities are to patrol the trail,
pickup trash, and report problems. If we want to do more, we need to
submit a plan.
Created 5/2/10 by Ronald
Horii, secretary of the Friends of Santa Teresa Park